Pci-e 2.0

Enough with the fighting you guys. :)

Now I'm all confussed :S

So it is a 50/50 chance it will work?

BTW RhysAndrews whats the exact mobo your using so I know to stay away :p

neodude is right, I was answering the question of whether my mobo was pci-e 2.0 or not. Besides, how does "No it doesn't" sound like an answer to:
I don't do much gaming to need that extra bandwidth PCI-E2.0 offers.

A normal x16 8800 is way way WAY more than enough for my needs. But I'm getting it anyway, cause the thought of it makes me mess myself. lol jk

PuNkY, I doubt my problems will re-occur for you. But I'd recommend getting a pci-e 2.0 motherboard with a pci-e 2.0 video card to be sure (as well as that performance boost). I am using a GA-MS68SM-L2. Just keep in mind that some motherboards will not support some video cards even if they're supposed to, so perhaps be ready to take it back. Like I said though, it probably won't be an issue this is just my experience.

Regards
Rhys Andrews

Im Actually pretty sure he was answering my question

But,I could be wrong :)

Shit Rudster, you were just made to look like a complete idiot.:p

Enough with the fighting you guys.

Now I'm all confussed :S

So it is a 50/50 chance it will work?

BTW RhysAndrews whats the exact mobo your using so I know to stay away :p

Don't worry, as long as you get a motherboard with PCI-E X16 it will work. Although if you really want to be sure, get the ASUS P5K, it uses the P35 chipset, which is very good. I have one and a 8800GT, + it OC'ed my Q6600 up to 3.4GHz easy.

I did some research... apparently the mobo chipsets with nForce 630A do not work with pci-e 2.0 cards unless the mobo has pci-e 2.0. So you should be alright if you avoid nForce 630A.

Back
Top Bottom