composite to component worth it on PS2?

Just because they're DVDs eh? ok then, try this.
The xbox 1 used DVDs.

Xbox 1 had 720p support and 1080i support.

If you try and argue that it being DVDs means anything, allow me to remind you that the 360 ALSO uses DVDs.

Eh, oh well. Maybe the OP should just save up for a PS3 that can play PS2 games in HD.

Since theres like 3 games or something that can even use 1080i on ps2.

now that that's settled...haha...

...any thoughts on these questions?

If I get a 1080p lcd and could use component cables with the ps2 instead of the composite, I could at least get 480p out of the ps2 which should be better than on my regular tv I'm using now right?

Also, what is regular tv's resolution anyways?

well the typical term for standard TVs is 480i, but theres a more precise number I don't know.

I honestly don't think that 480p looks good on a 1080p LCD... it's going to be very blurry. And yes.. I think thats worse than using 480i on a normal TV.

bummer, cause i was hoping to use component with an lcd to improve the quality. i cant even just use component with my tv because my tv doesn't even have component, only composite and s-video....i guess i could go up to s-video on my current tv from composite but probably wont see much improvement with just that small jump...was hoping to go all the way to component.

If you get component cables for your PS2, there will be a difference. 480p will sharpen the picture a little more. Unless your a really detialed person 480i-480p isn't big. It's basically like comparing a movie from cable (480i) to a movie on dvd (480p); there isn't much a difference. Which anything below 720 will look iffy on a 1080 TV.
In the end...yea it would be worth getting a component cable for it (I bought one for the Wii) but don't expect a huge diffence unless your playing GT4 which does support 1080.

Back
Top Bottom