windows registration

wizard12

Baseband Member
If i want to reinstall windows is it possible to reregister windows a second time if i registered it the other time?

i think you can re-install it on the same hardware as many times as you want (whether it's a retail version or an OEM version), but if you want to reinstall it onto a new computer you have to have the retail version.

i think you can re-install it on the same hardware as many times as you want (whether it's a retail version or an OEM version), but if you want to reinstall it onto a new computer you have to have the retail version.

Yup.

If your reinstalling it on the same computer say after a reformat then just input your key and activate it but don't register it again I made a mistake in registering i to many times after reformatting and it invalidated my key:mad:

If your reinstalling it on the same computer say after a reformat then just input your key and activate it but don't register it again I made a mistake in registering i to many times after reformatting and it invalidated my key:mad:
If that happens you just call MS and explain the situation and they will sort it for you.

Don't you have to register it or it will not let u go on after thirty days or is that activation? Also, what is the difference?

Back
Top Bottom