Dvd vs. HD Dvd vs Bluray

juicedupchaos

Baseband Member
Whats the picture difference between a dvd player that is hooked up to and hd tv VS. a hd dvd player hooked up to a hd tv?

A standard DVD, unless up-scaled will look alright on a HD-TV but won't have the same effect as it in its original scale.

An Up-Scaled version will look tonnes better, and its definietly still watchable.

Blu-Ray and HD-DVD simply up this some more.

People in Europe, using PAL will notice less of a difference than you lot in the NTSC territory, especially when running in 720p.

A lot more detail is noticable though, and of course, it doesn't look at all stretched.

I've found that when watching a Standard DVD on a HD TV, It look's like it's been filmed on a low quality camera... it's really hard to explain...

I always watch on my computer, is there programs for computer that upscale dvds? Is that what nvidia purevideo does?

Ive just changed my home setup to HD DVD. Im currently running a samsung TV with a toshiba HD-XE1, and the difference is stunning. Especially with something like the planet earth series from the BBC its completely filmed in HD, no upscaling. It looks amazing.:)

no, im just saying in general :) not directly to you about your dvd player lol, but the quality is the same for HD-DVD and blu-ray, and dvd is just regular definition

Back
Top Bottom