Can I Upgrade This?

No I'm pretty sure the video is using the AGP? slot. Not sure of the model but pretty sure it is Nvidia

Thanks again Mr CompMan. Any guess as to how much more performance I could expect with the xp 3200+??

Dan 1979: If you are looking at replacing parts, I have an New, Sealed Intel motherboard and Vista Home Premium for sale... neither have been opened and the Windows key is legit, I already had Vista so I didn't need it... $200 shipped (in the US)

you should see a huge performance with that, it twice the speed.

edit: on the site it says only up to 1.4 ghz but there site is all screwed, lemme do some looking

edit again:: can't really find anything. anyone else got anything??

All I can find out is the mobo was built by ASUS for HP and there isn't a lot of documentation available for upgrading BIOS, processors, etc. ASUS doesn't have the info on their website and neither does HP. Will never buy HP, Dell, etc again. Don't care for all the proprietary secret stuff. I have found a pdf file at this location:

http://www.ctechinfo.org/manuals/moorea_manual.pdf

It has a lot of info but I am too much of a noob to be able to tell what processors will work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

sccrbrandon4788: I am holding off on Vista for a while so I'll pass on your offer. I do appreciate the offer though. Dan

Dan i use to have the EXACT same motherboard and it will NOT support the 3200+ it only has a 100mhz FSB, NOT a 133mhz bus, i think its time to get a new computer, its just not worth upgrading.

If your going to go as far as upgrade your CPU, GPU, and Memory why not just get a newer low end computer? You can find computers with stats like 1 gig of ram, dual core amd (4000+, 4200+ lower end ones) and a 7 series nivida card for under 600 or even 500 bucks.

Its probably worth it to hold out and get a new computer for you becuase of how old your setup is.

And you didn't know how to find out what your GFX card was, and easy way is to go to Start > Run > Type in "dxdiag" and view your display information

Back
Top Bottom