Which monitor?

Szat

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
I'm going to be ordering my computer parts from newegg tomorrow and I just saw that I could get a 22" monitor for $199. I originally planned to get the $199 20", because there wasn't a 22" for that price. It seems that the 20" is better quality though; contrast ratio 800:1, WSXGA+ display. The 22" has a contrast ratio of 700:1 and has a WSXGA display. I'm more concerned with quality over quantity, so is the 20" better?

20"

22"

Don't see much of a diff, but go for the 22 if you have a high end GPU and sufficent space for the monitor

well I'll be getting a 8800gt so yeah it'll be able to handle it, but I just wanted the best display not the biggest.

Yeah, but the size is part of how good it is... though you know that. I don't think the contrast ratio is going to make too much a difference. If you can, find the monitors in stores and ask them to show you the quality of it.

Well this is confusing, maybe I should call newegg about it, because in the detailed specs it says that the 20" is WSXGA+ and the 22" is WSXGA; but in the product tour it shows both of them as WSXGA+. I'm just worrying about all of this because this is the first computer I'm building and I skimped out on my laptop display when I got it two years ago and I regretted it, so I just wanted the best display for the price.

I got 3 of these and am more than happy with the quality. The 22" one has better quality than mine. I would go with the bigger size.

I'm thinking now that the 22" is WSXGA+ because the resolution is 1680x1050 and that is WSXGA+ display. Am I right?

To sum it up, neither monitor is going to be really amazing quality. The 20" will be better though, since it's more pixels packed into a smaller area.

Back
Top Bottom