My 7900gs is pumping out 360 equal graphics!!

superman22x

Golden Master
I turned all the settings up on Gears of War and it runs smooth, with a frame drop here and there. I cant turn on the DX10 settign tho, which might be what makes it 360 equal, but idk. Gears of War is pretty cool tho.

No, I know that, but the thing that interests me, is that I only have a 7900gs. And that is not as powerful as a 360. And Gears of War is supposed to be a really high graphics game on 360.

that's a pretty powerful GPU and I would almost bet that it's better than what the 360 has

GOW is probably pretty efficent on the PC then, and not as optimized on the 360. one thing about computers though is there more customizable, a good example of this is drivers. software controls the hardware, instead of firmware as in the 360.

i think they should make drivers for consoles, to better improve there performance as newer games come out. cant wait to see the PS3 used to its full potential in a couple of years. although i think they over did themselves with, it has TOO much power, by the time the next Xbox comes out the PS3 will be "in its prime" but the new xbox will be newer there fore "better" in most viewers minds, and probably to most high knowledge users as technology changes so fast.

i think microsoft made a good decision with the 360. get it out sooner and make lots of people buy it, buy exclusive game rights. and when the 360 game sales drop release the games on PC. then when the 360 wears down make another system.

gamers have the money to buy new consoles, just they only come out with them every so often. i say making more systems over time will make more money.

actually microsoft is going to try to follow sony's sales practices now, where they make less consoles and milk the old on dry before releasing another one

hmmm...not the smartest move. although as the economy is going down, less money is being spent on consumer electronics, so i guess not as many people can afford consoles. might be the best strategey if the US economy keeps going down, where most of there sales are generated.

Back
Top Bottom