Problems with Inno3D 8800GT

Hmm.... I'm running out of ideas :p

You know what I mean by a seperate line don't you?

On modern PSU's, like for example, mine, I have something like 3 wires coming from it, that are power lines, that carry the 12v supply.

What you want, is to find a 2 free lines, and use these JUST to power the graphics card. You don't want to use one line to power both connections, as this won't work.

The other remaining line, can then be plugged up to the remaining sections of the computer, since you don't need much power to power the DVD, etc, etc you may have in the system.

Thanks, I understand.
But from what I can see (i'll need to have a closer inspection later), I have one line that's free, and the only other line that has a free plug is already occupied by the burner. I'm kinda limited. BUT don't quote me on this, I'll need to inspect it later.

Thanks, mate.
-Rhys

Hmm, does the 8800GT really take up 2 Molex inputs?? Jesus how will I ever SLi an 8800GT... I'd need a few PSUs in the comp!

BTW i've never even heard of that company...
its not on newegg.com
i was gonna try and see what he was talkin about...

Nope, no matter what I try it does not work. I put in my old Radeon X700se, it works fine. I actually unplugged my DVD drive so I had 2 empty rails, and used those on the video card - no change.

I am now pretty sure it's the mobo not being compatible with it. People have had other issues similar: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=53302

This is SUCH a pain for me. Grah.

-Rhys

Back
Top Bottom