Bottleneck possibility, opinions please!

meh i doubt it will bottleneck it. even my X2 at stock (1.9ghz) wouldnt bottleneck my 8800GTS. i even have a super crappy motherboard but my CPU usage never is always 100% on any game expect COH but online it doesnt (it does single because of the AI). my 3dMark06 scores are on par for my specs, no reason why yours would bottleneck a 8600GT.

id say the 7600Gt is more suited for that CPU

I agree with this point. I have 2 7600GTs on my system and they work great for what I do. Before I had one of them on a P4 2.8GHz system and it ran Oblivion fine, not max, but good enough. My brother just got a 7600GT yesterday for his P4 2.8GHz system and he already beat COD4 on it...in one night... I wouldn't personally buy an 8series card for a P4 system though. 7600's can handle quite bit at least on medium settings.

oops, too late, 8600 already ordered... :eek: its for b-day though, so either way its all good, i mean the reviews on this card are awesome, i guess ill just have to see...

I'm sure it will be fine. You just could have saved some money and got the 7600GT for about the same performance (based on what I hear).

oops, too late, 8600 already ordered... :eek: its for b-day though, so either way its all good, i mean the reviews on this card are awesome, i guess ill just have to see...
wont cause a bottleneck, you should get full potential out of that card.

usually if your GPU scores on 3dMark06 are lower than ones with your same video card than something is slowing it down probably.

alright, well hopefully not TOO bad since ill have to deal with it for a couple months... should be better than my current rig though, no doubt..

i just wish i would've known how to successfully build a computer 3 years ago when we bought that, or i wouldnt have been so naive to buy a dell and not be able to overclock or anything... GRRRR F*** DELLS!!! lol

I feel you there.

Mine is even older. Mine is still when they were Dimensions. Although it was the best of those....9100.

Back
Top Bottom