New GPU

The improved shroud looks better for sure, no vents expelling hot air into the case with that model. Good score mate, very nice.

@ ohnoes, where's he getting ripped off?? 512MB ram same as the GT, faster core, shader and memory clocks so I don't see the "better", cheaper maybe but hey, if you've got the $$$$ why not spend them I say.

;)

specsle7.jpg

haha, DX10 your funny. IMO DX10 is the funniest thing ive seen out in a long time, other than the 2900XT. doesnt improve graphics at all really, a little maybe but not much. all it does IMO is decrease your FPS by 20%
Care to back this up with some "hard facts" or is this just based on your "experience"???? Such a sweeping statement must be based on extensive hard core testing surely??

Ya, and with the free Crysis taken into account its not much more expensive than a high end GT.

I think it came out yesterday, or the day before so its still very new.

I was just reading on another forum and found something you might find interesting

JUST GOT MY BFG 8800 GTS 512 O/C
STANDARD SETINGS ARE 675 ON THE CORE
1940 ON THE MEMORY
SHADER CLOCK 1674

WHEN OVERCLOCKED IVE GOT AS HIGH AS 851 MHZ ON THE CORE & 1011 MHZ ON THE MEMORY & SHADER TO 2110 MHZ

at stock speeds 3dmark 06 i got 12422 with the cpu @3.4ghz

overclocked @ 807 on the core, 1018 mhz on the memory, & 2001 mhz on the shader. 3d mark 06 score 13301 cpu @ 3.4ghz.
cpu is an e6600

Granted it's the oc model but that is one impressive overclock.

This guy posted about four times with caps on, do you reckon he's excited or what??

Haha, ya I would be excited with those kind of speeds too lol. I think its cause of the 65nm core, and I have the same processor so I'll probably get similar results in 3D Mark, but only time will tell. Thanks for the info too :)

Back
Top Bottom