Bottleneck possibility, opinions please!

oh...phew!

and no, i wont be playing crysis i dont think :) but i started to get worried there lol

ill be sticking to games such as BF2 and other FPS for now

ya i wont be playing crisis on the dell, ill be playing COD4, and once i build my new pc i probably wont be on it at all, it will just be for when friends come over so we can play lan, and ill get my dual core rig, i know the 8600 isnt a fast card to you guys, but going from an x300 ati to 8600gt is a rather big deal for me :) and i just didnt see the reason to go back to 7 series if i want DX10 later (i know it wont be amazing for DX10 gaming, but oh well, i have some options) the benchmarks i found showed that this particular card was just slightly better than 7600 gt oc, by like 5 fps in doom 3, 8600 GT= 102fps @ 1024x768 (the res i will game at on this pc) with 4xAA and 16xAF, supposedly it can play cod4 maxed with AA and AF on and get a good 50-60 fps which i think i can deal with for a while :)

bryn, do you have your 8600 yet?

alright, well hopefully not TOO bad since ill have to deal with it for a couple months... should be better than my current rig though, no doubt..

i just wish i would've known how to successfully build a computer 3 years ago when we bought that, or i wouldnt have been so naive to buy a dell and not be able to overclock or anything... GRRRR F*** DELLS!!! lol

no its not old, its an E510... its 2 years old... so i guess computer technology wise its old, but its not THAT old its a skt775 3ghz P4 with DDR2 its not too bad

not to be a n00b or n e thing, but whats bottle necking (to me it sounds like when u have a real nice GPU and ur CPU or RAM cant keep up)

Back
Top Bottom