Woot I got my TV today!!!!

I have a Vizio 37'' LCD. I pay my dad for the HD, and let me tell you it is worth every penny. I have it running in full high definition and its amazing. Probably one of the best digital companies out there.

You'll be very happy with it.

I just recently bought a 26" LCD HDTV with HDMI, I originaly dont have cable tv in my room but I put a splitter on the cable that go'es to the cable modem for my internet, and am able to recieve 99 channels of Basic cable tv, AND all the local channels in HD from channels 100 to 110, which is wierd because My parents dont have HD in the main room or even ordered it.. somehow its unlocked in my room.

nice pick mattie! if you dont mind me asking, how much $ did you drop on that beautiful amazing piece of technology? :D im kinda thinkin about getting a smaller one for my room, jw, thanks

Thanks I didn't drop a cent on it :D One of my early Xmas presents from my Mom. Although when I picked it out I found it on sale at Circuit City for $1199. She bought it from another store that she preferred for $1299.

Ya ArrizX I've for sure got to order the HD package now. It looks alright stretched like but I got it for HD lol.

Must be nice to get your locals in HD for free Steemax! I'm lucky to get 2 channels without satellite let alone HD channels lol.

I cant even watch 420p shows anymore. I have my receiver set strictly to HD programming.

Edit-
Be sure to get a straight HDMI cable.

Dish receiver comes with a HDMI in to dvi out to dvi in to HDMI out.

So between the two HDMI connections you get the lower quality DVI conections. Get a straight HDMI cable something along the lines of a phillips cable.

hehe it finally came :) be sure to tell me how good it is, my dad wants to buy a toshbia LCD so id like to hear some first hand opinions.

hehe it finally came :) be sure to tell me how good it is, my dad wants to buy a toshbia LCD so id like to hear some first hand opinions.

I'll be sure to put up a review after I get the HD package from Dish Network. So far it looks pretty good but i'm handicapped in 480I. At least when I get my upscaling DVD player friday i'll be able to emulate 1080I output through HDMI. Composite suck FYI.

One thing i've noticed already. Basically everything you watch you have to change the mode. Possibly due to watching 480I right now. I just swap out Movie mode and Sports mode for my various shows.

I played a game on the ps2 on it just to see how that would look. Looked decent but it really makes me want a ps3 now for the full 1080P support.

I suppose I can use my computer to game at the full 1080P but may as well pick up that with the blue ray player as well.

Yeah, that'll happen. It'll have different presets for each mode, so just set them the same :)

Back
Top Bottom