USB Card for 64-Bit PCI Slot?

geissap

Beta member
Hey,

New to the forums not sure if this is where I should be posting this but I'm wondering if there is a Internal USB Card out there that I can put in my HP LH6000 server.

It has 8 64-bit PCI slots, and 3 peer PCI buses.
I have one that's on Windows NT 4.0 Server
And another on Windows 2000 Server

I want to avoid having to update the bios if possible and upgrading the OS is not an option. Anyone know if there is a card out there with the driver support for this? Right now the only way I can interface with it is SCSI and it just ain't working.

Thanks!

Hey,

New to the forums not sure if this is where I should be posting this but I'm wondering if there is a Internal USB Card out there that I can put in my HP LH6000 server.

It has 8 64-bit PCI slots, and 3 peer PCI buses.
I have one that's on Windows NT 4.0 Server
And another on Windows 2000 Server

I want to avoid having to update the bios if possible and upgrading the OS is not an option. Anyone know if there is a card out there with the driver support for this? Right now the only way I can interface with it is SCSI and it just ain't working.

Thanks!

You can put a 32 bit card in your 64 bit slot no problem :) With USB's low throughput their wouldnt be an advantage to using a 64 bit slot anyways.

Hmm this I know...that's not the major concern I have. My concern is will there be driver support for the card installed on an NT 4.0 server box and win 2000 server box?

Back
Top Bottom