Woot I got my TV today!!!!

Damn I think I busted a nut putting it on the stand then getting it on the dresser. Thing only ways 80 pounds and i've got long arms but still akward as hell to pick up by yourself. Getting closer! Looks freaking bad ass so far can't wait to get it running. No doubt 42" is plenty for my room ;)

Mine gets it a little bit, but only if you leave something there for like an hour+. And it goes away pretty quick.

Looks like a nice TV though, Toshiba is a pretty good brand.

They will look a bit funny stretched up.

Has it got built in Freeview? I find the built in one looks better than your standard freeview/sky box because the TV is built to upscale it.

Check in settings etc to see what you can do.

For instance, turn off Dynamic Contrast, its crap.
Make sure you have it set to Normal, and manually configure the settings.
You'll get a lot more contrast that way, as Dynamic Contrast changes on the fly, and even though it can look okay, you lose so much clarity and detail in dark areas.

You'll find with a bit of setting messing, you'll make it look tonnes better than when you first switch it on.

The picture makes it look like its tilted to the left off its base :p

LOL it isn't I must have had my camera tilted. I supposed I could have auto centered the pic but o well. Ya through the composite its only in 480I right now for some reason. I'll have to fiddle with it and get all the settings down tonight. This is all new to me so i've got a project ;)

Time to bust out the manual and find out all the goodies and tweaks for it.

Hehe, I love getting new electronics so I can mess around with them.

But yeah, switch off Dynamic Contrast, thats a first.

Then, start from -100 or whatever on Contrast and Brightness, and move each one up individually until the picture isn't washed out, and isn't too bright, yet theres enough contrast to see shadows in dark areas.

I believe the contrast setting controls how white the white portions get and have a counterbalance on the blacks too

and the Brightness setting controls the blacks, which also has a counterbalance on the whites too.

nice pick mattie! if you dont mind me asking, how much $ did you drop on that beautiful amazing piece of technology? :D im kinda thinkin about getting a smaller one for my room, jw, thanks

Back
Top Bottom