??Fact???Fiction??

ssc456

Fully Optimized
right i figured i wold as ka question that im too lazy to google and maybe we can make a whole thread of questionns like mine,

my first question.

Combers, / coma

i think thats it the medical thing were your almost brain dead but still alive, the thing i can think of most is kill bill,

i no combers are real but how long can you possibly stay in 1 for ? apparently in the film she was in a coma for 4 years ??? is that possible, or is it only possible for days / weeks ??

just something i wanted to clear up, and i figured while im here you guys probably had some things you wanted to ask so go ahead and dont feel stupid lol,

i know the answer to my question could probably be found on google but id like your guys opinions on it and maybe some1 else will learn the truth as im sure i am about to

i dont really know, but a coma is like being brain dead, like someone isnt there physically but they still breathe/sweat and all that

i think they also have brain activity but im nto sure

and people can be in coma's for ages or for a few hours, its random (well, depends what happens) some people are in comas for decades (10's and 10's of years) and dont remeber a thing about it, they still think its the day that they had the accident or whatever caused it.

People can stay in comas for years and years. Sometimes, forever untill their body dies. Sometimes they wake up, could be in 5 days, could be in 40 years. No one knows.

From Wikipedia:

In medicine, a coma (from the Greek κῶμα koma, meaning deep sleep) is a profound state of unconsciousness. A comatose patient cannot be awakened, fails to respond normally to pain or light, does not have sleep-wake cycles, and does not take voluntary actions. Coma may result from a variety of conditions, including intoxication, metabolic abnormalities, central nervous system diseases, acute neurologic injuries such as stroke, and hypoxia. It may also be deliberately induced by pharmaceutical agents in order to preserve higher brain function following another form of brain trauma.

From Encyclopedia of Britannica:

state of unconsciousness, characterized by loss of reaction to external stimuli and absence of spontaneous nervous activity, usually associated with injury to the cerebrum. Coma may accompany a number of metabolic disorders or physical injuries to the brain from disease or trauma.

cool thats really interesting, is there a certain amount of time before docs will "pull the plug" or do they stay on until the body dies ?

does n e 1 know the person who has been in a coma for the longest and woke up ?

also do u think you would forget how to walk and stuff or do u think that you would just have to build up your muscles again (not in a body builder way but u get my point)

n e 1 else hve an interesting Q? they would like to know if its fact or fiction ? i think this would be a cool thread to keep going

depends what your country you are regarding doctors "pulling the plug", in most countries its up to the immediate family to decide but if the doctors think that a patient has no hope then in some countries they're legally allowed to pull the plug, but normally its up to family...

37 years is the longest medically recorded coma..

no, they still have a memory and can remember things such as walking, talking - they just think they're still in the day they went into a coma first... its like a really long sleep basically..

and if you forget how to walk, they put you on a course where they basically teach you how to walk, but if you've been lying for long periods of time then a persons muscles will just deteriorated and they couldn't support their own weight, and for that they just do simple exerciser like lifting your legs a few times every day and swimming and stuff to gradually build all the muscles up again...

depends what your country you are regarding doctors "pulling the plug", in most countries its up to the immediate family to decide but if the doctors think that a patient has no hope then in some countries they're legally allowed to pull the plug, but normally its up to family...

37 years is the longest medically recorded coma..

no, they still have a memory and can remember things such as walking, talking - they just think they're still in the day they went into a coma first... its like a really long sleep basically..

and if you forget how to walk, they put you on a course where they basically teach you how to walk, but if you've been lying for long periods of time then a persons muscles will just deteriorated and they couldn't support their own weight, and for that they just do simple exerciser like lifting your legs a few times every day and swimming and stuff to gradually build all the muscles up again...

cool looks like my question is fully answered n e 1 else have 1 ?

Back
Top Bottom