OMG, Organic OLED!!!

It has been in the news already awhile back so this technology is technically, nothing new. But it has never been made mainstream until now.

correction, it has never been made mainstream for big devices. It's been used in small electronics (for example mobile phones, pretty much anything that doesn't need a big screen) for some time.

Idk if id want something that thin. Its suppose to be durable and flexible right, but it just looks breakable. I think it would almost need to be wall mounted to look good, i like the look of my HannsG LCD screen with about 1/2 inch width better. Probably just because im accustom to them.

If you're looking at almost to G's for what, 14'' to 20'' big, forget about a TV sized OLED.

Well nothing anyone of us could afford at any rate.

Due to not having to grow crystals with OLED's, their price is significantly lower than LCD's in the long run :)

so there just money grabbing gits then. is the base of the sony one really necessary. do they have the power supply or anything built in it? it just looks a bit odd with that mega ultron thin screen and then a big rectangle solid base, looks a bit out of place. i suppose it might need it so it has some weight but they could of done more in my opinion. cut the base of and it looks fantastic

My Creative Zen V Plus mp3 has an OLED, but it's screen is really hard to see in the light. Very bright and crystal when you're in the shade or something but in the light it's almost impossible. Wonder if this is one flaw of OLED or something.

Probably not. They probably don't use very high technology in players like that to cut on cost.
I've found with OLED displays on products like that, there isn't much pixel resolution at the moment.

I'm sure with time, it'll become the sucessor to LCD easily, and if the width bothers you, they'll probably incorporate external power supplies, etc.

Back
Top Bottom