Ex7 Flash

Berne

In Runtime
Hi All,

Just loaded Explorer 7 how can I stop the Explorer 7 settings screen from loading each time I log onto the net? Also when I try to configure this screen and click the set these settings button nothing happens?

URL states: runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx

All good advice welcome.

Berne:confused:

Hi Celegorm,

Im real new to comps....exactly how do I 'set the one required' and would you mind taking a minute of your time with this:

Im using XP Home SP2 Explorer 7 just added, also when Im trying to browse offline, programmes Im opening are constantly getting the bar at the top of my page stating

" To help protect your security --I.EX 7 has restricted this webpage from running scripts or Active X controls that could access your computer-

I then get the options:

ALLOW BLOCKED CONTENT
WHATS THE RISK

I have browsed the helpfile on this but all guidance proves no repair. I was in the Internet Options, Security section and enabled and disabled various lines of guidance to remedy this information bar from appearing totally but I need expert advice to erase this Information Bar from appearing fullstop?

All good advice welcome,

Berne

When IE7 loads, you only need to fill in one of the bubbles on the first question, then click save. after that every time you load up IE7, it will take you to your home page.

Re: Follow Up

Hi Celegorm,

Did what you said but still same position.

I have tried here to explain better whats occurring:

url is loading on boot: http//runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx

Then the Welcome the Explorer 7 page loads, thats the one with 1-4 page options, you choose the settings you want. As you advised I tried only the first option here and rebooted but still 7 re-loaded?

Just to clarify for your next advisory, page 1 has the Required Settings option, page 2 has the Clear Type option, page 3 has the Optional Settings Language , and page 4 offers to join the customer experience profile.

So again after trying your advisory I tried again answering all the required pages 1-4 and rebooted but yet again this default 7 page is loading, although when I now manually enter a new url and Im online the browser is working.

I suspect I need to alter the loading settings somwhere along the startup sequence, but what is the magical requirement to do this.

Thank you in advance,

Berne

May sound like a stupid question, but are you click the little "Save Settings" button or what ever it's called?

Hi,

Yes Im activating that button after every selection, and you might have a point....it seems to be frozen although it does state 'processing' or something to that effect, and its here that the issue is...something is causing this command to freeze, I waited for 10minutes thinking it might just take that amount of time but I think you have hit the nail, what are your thoughts?

Berne

P.S. I have uninstalled 7 and Explorer 5 is working just fine? Is 7 worth the effort, are you using it yourself?

P.S.S Issue solved, uninstall the EX 7 and download again from another source, the 'save settings' button should never freeze if it does download again from another source.

Hope this helps,

Berne

Back
Top Bottom