New Build

i think everything is compatible but i would get a cpu fan that isnt stock.
get a good one cause the quad core tends to get hot and u might want to overclock someday
good deal on the 8800 GT btw have fun playing COH

I read up on the CPU and it seems like many people are not happy with the stock fan that comes with it. Cools adiquatly but not if your a hardcore gammer wich judgeing by the 8800 and quad core you proabaly are. Mite wanna look into a new fan. A few reviews pointed to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103026&Tpk=RR-CCH-ANU2-GP
$24 isnt to bad either when your already spending that much on your system.

Overall your system is above most peoples dreams. Gl with it.

You could also make use of the pci slots adding in a sound card and maybe a sata or ide expansion card. That would allow for more drive than the board is set up for. I plan to migrate my ide card out of my current P4 to my new build.
Also I'd look at the Antec P180, P182se, or the P190 series cases. I have the P182se and it's the cat's meow.

The P190 isn't the best on looks, and is 399 USD :(
But it is super cooled. Isolates the 1200W total PSUs + 2x140mm 1x 120mm fans.
Cool ideal but I wouldn't want to pay $400 for any case :p

I don't see a problem with the current case.

You could save money by switching to different ram, 75$ before rebate isnt a great price for DDRII 800

q6600 is beautiful i watch more HD and BLUE RAY videos then game and the quad runs them flawlessly! 1080P on comp. the games run very well too! good buy!

I was going to go with a dual core cpu, but I decided to spend the extra $100 and get a quad cpu. I honestly can't imagine the power my new computer will have. I'm upgrading from my single core cpu, 1 gig ram, geforce go 6800, 80 gig hd laptop. Eventually I'll max out the RAM and get another 8800gt for SLI.

Back
Top Bottom