Computer Clock and Date Trouble

Mark M

Beta member
Hi all,

Couple of days ago I got a warning when I turned on my computer and it went into the RAID option at startup. So I built a new Raid1 rebuild setup I think it was, same message appeared a couple of days later and I did the same thing and the computer has worked fine since then. Now the clock only seems to work when the computer is turned on.

Can anyone out there suggest how to fix the problem, and I did retry setting the time and date and synchronising the time but that did nothing. Next time I turned it back on same thing time hadn't moved from the day before.

Thanks
Mark

Hi all,

Couple of days ago I got a warning when I turned on my computer and it went into the RAID option at startup. So I built a new Raid1 rebuild setup I think it was, same message appeared a couple of days later and I did the same thing and the computer has worked fine since then. Now the clock only seems to work when the computer is turned on.

Can anyone out there suggest how to fix the problem, and I did retry setting the time and date and synchronising the time but that did nothing. Next time I turned it back on same thing time hadn't moved from the day before.

Thanks
Mark

If you are talking about the PC loosing the time while turned off, and loosing things like your RAID controller settings, the battery on your motherboard is just about guaranteed to be shot.

Just pop it out and replace it, their a very common battery and you should be able to get one for 2-3$ at electronic stores, drug stores, etc.

Replaced the battery and things look to be working like normal again.

Thanks heaps for help.
Mark

Back
Top Bottom