New 8800GTS tested!!

Not bad, but to tell the truth, there isn't THAT much of a difference between the 8800GT and the 8800 GTS. Less than 10fps in all accounts.
Though in Crysis, that makes all the difference.

Its only a few fps slower than the GTX, and if its cheaper, I guess its good value for money.

I'm still waiting for the new series of cards to drop prices way down :)

Yeah, I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief after I read that throughly (TBH I skipped straight to the Crysis benchmarks) as I bought a 8800GT. I think it's a bit of a waste of money really since a user overclocked 8800GT would match it. The only real advantage is the dual slot cooler so it's quieter and cooler.

Me buying that GTX was biggest waste of money ever. All good cards are coming out now.

Yeah, but its safe to say 99Nasha, that your card still outperforms the new cards by a few FPS here and there, and I'm sure if you've also overclocked yours, your getting even more out of it.

I'd still probably if I was going to, go the 8800GT route, when prices dropped back down from the loss of stock,

BUT, the fact its a dual slot (why wasn't the 8800GT a dual slot too in that case? :s) means that its a lot quieter which may win people over.

Though, running in SLI, I'd rather have dual slot coolers so there is ample room between both cards, making the 8800GT still the winner.

Though, running in SLI, I'd rather have dual slot coolers so there is ample room between both cards, making the 8800GT still the winner.
You mean you'd rather have single slot, but the dual slot would be better for OC'ing and there is normally enough room even with a dual slot.

Opps, my bad :p

Yeah I guess that'd make up for it, but it'd still be quieter overall with 2 cards with the 8800GT's but you are right that they would both end up cooler probably anyway

Back
Top Bottom