All the well priced 8800gts are out of stock!!

There isnt a local one... Nearest one is an hour away. I want a new graphics card soon, something that can run crysis on the higher settings on a lower res. So far I have about $150 plus $80 from my card, I think. First I need to pay insureance for this month and buy a tank of gas.

I manage to run Crysis just fine now with my 7800GT, finally. The RAM upgrade helped a lot. Have you looked at the 8800GT line? They're pretty good too.

Yeah, I can run it well. I can barely push it at all medium and sound high, but to avoid frame drops here and there, I put some settings on low, and no anti-aliasing.
My friend is a bit dissappointed cause his 8600gt could run it all on high with the demo, but on the final release he had to tone it down to medium.

Did you add 2gb of ram? Sometime around Feb. I want to buy a 4gb kit and add it. Total of 6gb, that would be sweet. I know it would never all be used, but I'm sure it could help some.

Tell him to try to run a defrag. That can clear up a lot of the stuttering people have encountered.
The demo is a lot smaller than the full game, and they do say to defrag when you install anything.

So get him try that :)

Yeah, I added another 2gigs. Totaling 3GB, all in dual channel. 2 sets of RAM modules that are exactly the same (quad-channel, lol). Big difference. Everything loads much faster.

Back
Top Bottom