Hardware for Xmas, and some questions about Crysis.

Yes you can force DX9 in Vista. Have not tried it myself but i've heard it does improve frame rates. I don't know if you would need the hack though because very high is auto enabled as a default in Vista. I'm not sure if enabling DX9 in Vista would disable the Very high feature or not.

As for the level I was talking about worshipme you can see the detail in this screenshot I just took. This is at medium quality 1280X768 I believe and very playable. And it still looks great.

LevelCore.jpg

Hey, you have basically the same specs as me. I can run it at 30fps at 1280x1024, everything on v. high except 3 things on high and shadows on medium.

Is that with your system? What's your FPS on that level?

Ya thats on my system. Sorry the picture is downscaled so much but I just did it in window mode then cropped it from paint. I'm not sure what the FPS is but I can find out for you. Probally won't be till this evening though off to go shopping now. If I had to guess I'd say probally around 40FPS though.

Thats just me I'd rather reduce some effects and have a smoother game.

"Thats just me I'd rather reduce some effects and have a smoother game."

Whereas I'm completly the opposite :p

It may be best trying the Direct X 9 hack in Vista then. It may have the same impact, allowing you to play with higher framerates.

I just downloaded the Crysis and COD4 demos and I can only get 20FPS in Crysis with everything high settings and AA 2x at 1280X1040 in DX10 that is. BTW this is probably like a really dumb question but my Crysis came with 2 launchers, I assumed they were for DX9/10, but they both use DX10, is there some option somewhere to switch to DX9? Sorry if that's completely noobish. On a lighter note, COD4 is wicked and I can get 70FPS average maxed out.

You can get Crysis running with 20fps with 2x AA at 1280x1040?... Wow, thats very good indeed. I'd be happy running with 20fps if I could set that, though actually, I haven't tried running in just High with AA enabled...

"To do this, right-click on the Crysis launch icon in Vista's Games Explorer and select 'PlayDX9 ', or right-click on the game's desktop launch icon, select Properties, and in the Target box one blank space after the last character add -dx9."

This is from here:
http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_1.html

Very good site if you want to find tweaks for games. There are alot of Crysis settings to mess with to help with framerates, etc.

Back
Top Bottom