CD drive question

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
when installing the cdrom drive or "optical" drive how to I go about connecting it to the mobo...is it just with the ide connector attached to my hard drive... I have the one IDE connector on my mobo...do I use the ribbon cable and connect master to the hard drive and the slave to the cdrom drive or what? It is already connected to the power supply as it can open and close

Is this your first drive or are you adding another one if so you will need to set the jumper to master or slave respectively

this is my first drive i will have the hard drive as master and the cd drive as the slave...I have a 250 Gig portable that has my life on it from the last 5 years so thats my other one. So it would work with the cd drive as the slave and I could boot from the cd drive by making it first boot device?

Yup, you got the setup correct. Just make sure the CDROM is jumpered as either slave or cable select.

To boot from CDROM, just set it as first boot device in the BIOS. :D

yeah well true folder...i told u im a noob hah i just needed a windows disc...so now I'm just getting a $15 windows XP disc from my dad since he works at a university.

Back
Top Bottom