Help buying a new computer?

soylentgreeen20

Beta member
Alright, I was thinking that this subject might be popping up all over the place, but i didn't see anything similar in the first page of results, or anything in the "read this before posting." Maybe I missed something, my bad if thats the case.

/disclaimer end

So I'm looking at buying a new computer. I'd have some website just do it, I know jack about building the things. I've done some research on my own on what to put in it, but I just want to make sure everything works fine and dandy.
I'm looking for something around $1500 w/o peripherals. The games I primarily want to run on it would be Battlefield 2 and Age of Conan, which is said to have requirements similar to Oblivion.

My friend just got a quad core, and he loves the thing, so id think id want one to. The video card I'm still kinda lost on. The Nvidia 8800s look tempting but are pricey and some people have said that they're overkill. I have no idea what motherboard to look for.

So if someone could help me out by giving me some sorta lead on where to by buyer a good computer online I'd appreciate it. TY!

If you don't want to build, I guess dell is OK for you, but if you know how to reinstall an operating system, that would be a wise thing to do with a dell. Just make sure you custom order each parts, and not get the cheap memory, or the inferior parts that dell uses. And maybe do a little upgrading/modifacations to the dell.

I see these custom gaming computers sites advertised all the time. Are they any better? My mom got a laptop a few years ago from Dell and it came with all kinds of reinstalled shit on it...

Um, how about ebay? You can probably get a E6750 with 2GB of memory for 1500 with no periphals

Back
Top Bottom