buying a PS2

Or you could still get it and put them through rigorous training sessions to become race car drivers. But yeah that might not be fun for them.

They helped me learn a lot before I hit the tracks. But I wouldn't recommend it for anyone younger than 12 or so.
And Dirt doesn't feel realistic compared to the Rallisport Challenge series, it feels a whole lot more arcadey. You don't slide too much for being on dirt and gravel all the time...

...That or just buy them some decent plat formers.. (ratchet and clank series, Jak and daxter series, phsyconauts, crash bandicoot series..)

Racing games are good, but not when they are all you have. Sometimes they can take the game out of gaming.

well, i got the ps2 now, and my 5 yr old son is playing gran turismo 4 and he really likes it...just playing it in arcade mode. my 6yr old girl likes playing dirt on the computer better because she already knows how to control the car, and doesn't have the patience right now to learn the new controls of the controller. i think she'll like it once she learns the controls. i would have got atv offroad fury, but it was 39 bucks and this was 19, so maybe i'll get that one eventually. i bought an extra controller so they can play against each other, but i only have a regular 27 inch tv and when it does the split screen there's not much to look at. plus, i had to buy a 8gb memory card cause it didn't come with a memory card.

well, i got the ps2 now, and my 5 yr old son is playing gran turismo 4 and he really likes it...just playing it in arcade mode. my 6yr old girl likes playing dirt on the computer better because she already knows how to control the car, and doesn't have the patience right now to learn the new controls of the controller. i think she'll like it once she learns the controls. i would have got atv offroad fury, but it was 39 bucks and this was 19, so maybe i'll get that one eventually. i bought an extra controller so they can play against each other, but i only have a regular 27 inch tv and when it does the split screen there's not much to look at. plus, i had to buy a 8gb memory card cause it didn't come with a memory card.
Try ATV Offroad Fury 2 (or 1 or 3). They should be cheaper than ATV: OF4.

newegg had atv offroad fury 4 for $19.99 but it's out of stock...bummer..will keep looking.

I have a great one, I just thought of it. Seriously one of the best user-friendly and good looking and unique platformers out there, it's called Klonoa 2. Get that before anything else.

I'd say DiRT is even more realistic, if they liked DiRT, they'll probably like Gran Turismo.

Not really. DiRT was pretty arcade-like. Gran Turismo is a racing simulator, so you can't just handbrake and expect to do a powerslide.

ok, well best buy had it in stock for same price so i got atv offroad fury 4 there,,,and i also got them the cars racing game, and cod 3 for me to play on when there're not here...

Back
Top Bottom