Building my comp ... Tips ???

h4x0rInSilence

Baseband Member
Well Im building a new computer , Im used to building old computer but im moving up to a pentium 3 board and 256 mb vidcard just wondering if anybody has any tips ?:D

dont EVER set any components on carpet... i learned the hard way, most of the time nothing happens, but every now and then something will get fried

dont over apply the heatsink compound, just a dot between the size of a pea and a BB will do the trick, let the pressure of the heatsink spread the paste around, dont touch it with your finger because that gets grease, dirt and anything else you have on your finger in it

when you first fire it up, keep it in bios and watch the temps, make sure the heatsink is seated properly

dont do "half" tests, make sure everything is hooked up, dont just hook up the psu to the mobo and turn it on, put everything together and give it a try, but i recommend putting everything together outside of the case, so problems can easily be diagnosed

most important.. have fun!

Hold everything you possibly can with the edges. Don't want to get oil all over high-heat parts, that's bad.

Just Do It.

But be neat, don't overtighten any screws, and have fun :)

And don't drink anything untill after you are done building, I almost destroyed a computer that way, I was building it, and it was getting me worked up and tired, so I grabbed a drink, and accidentally spilled it in the case :(

ground urself, touch the side of the case first .or buy an anti-static armband
imagemagic.php
i would rather spend $10 on that then zap a $400 video card

One of the biggest things to save time and trouble shooting problems is to read the manuals. I know I know, who does that. Well motherboards can be very picky about somethings such as RAM placement, so make sure to check things like that before plugging in things like mad. And double check what your plugging your power connectors to. Make sure they are meant to fit there. Don't forget to plug in the heat sink fan :p

Back
Top Bottom