Sound

Pups25228

In Runtime
I just installed windows xp pro but my computer came with vista, and my sound wont work.I have a compaq MCP61PM-HM motherboard but I only see vista drivers. is there any way I can get my sound to work? a sound card? I need help ASAP plz.

try the drivers disks or go to the manufacture website and see if there is a downlaod link for the sound drivers

Your sound isn't going to work if you have not installed the drivers for Windows XP. Go to the compaq website and do a search for audio drivers for Windows XP on the system you have.

If you bought that computer with Vista installed and downgraded to XP its possible the reason you see only Vista drivers is because there are no XP drivers. In which case you need to buy a sound card. Also I did a search on this site and I don't see any sound drivers for XP.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=3378346

Its never a good Idea to put a older OS on a computer that is designed around new hardware. You may not find everything you need to make it work right. What is the specific name of the audio device on your motherboard?

Do you have a free PCI slot? If so pick up a cheap soundcard unless your a audio file. If so I suggest the X-Fi series.

ill just have to get a sound card, and yeah I have 2 PCI slots free. its just that vista was too buggy right now, and I was having a lot of problems.

ill just have to get a sound card, and yeah I have 2 PCI slots free. its just that vista was too buggy right now, and I was having a lot of problems.

Just curious what type of problems. Maybe we can solve the Vista bugs your getting. Normally most of them are driver issues. IMO after you get good working drivers in Vista its a really nice OS. You just have to take the time and work with it.

whenever I close windows like say I close my computer or my documents or something windows related, the windows explorer has to restart, and it gets really annoying. I had all my drivers up to date cause I check for new drivers everyday.

Back
Top Bottom