post your old comp's specs

what games like quake and doom?
lol they are pretty fun games.
Roller Coaster Tycoon, lol. I don't remember what else, but I know there was something... I think maybe Age of Empires 2 as well, I don't remember when I got it though. I may have got it later after I upgraded to a P2...

The system I upgraded from:
P4 2.8GHz
1GB DDR 400
80GB IDE
320GB SATA
FX5200 AGP and Matrox PCI
DVD-RW
400W generic PSU
3x CRTs

Some of that stuff migrated to my new system.

The one I posted earlier was the first system I personally owned though. That was like in 2003...it was given to me, so I'm like "cool, my own PC". I thought it was pretty fast as well, then I later got a P2 450MHz, wow. Then a P3 700MHz, I was like blown away, so fast... Now I got a C2D 6600, and a 700MHz system is pitiful. A P1 isn't even worth it to turn on let alone fix and use. The first PC we had in our house was an old IBM pre-1990ish probably. It finally got replaced by a 2GHz Celeron HP system in 2002. Even then, I got my P1 after that and still thought it was fast...

Pentium MMX 200 MHz
"Can't remember" 3d acceleration chip (I think that's what they were called back then lol)
32MB RAM, don't know what kind
huge 5" hard drive that died, replaced with a 3.5" 8 gig
Old soundblaster
Windows 95, lost the disc and data, "upgraded" to Windows ME

That computer is a nightmare.

Now another one, which I will either turn into some sort of menial task machine (folding, MAME, dedicated server, etc) or give back to my family for helping me buy some of it.

Pentium 4 2.0GHz
Win XP
512MB DDR
Turtle beach sound card
GeForce 4 replaced with GeForce5200
30 gigs maxtor + 250 gigs seagate

desktopko0.png

I actually use this machine on a daily basis.

Back
Top Bottom