Car Stereo in Computer

I'm pretty sure it would work, but why not bring headphones to lan parties?

My car has a stereo (the receiver part) it looks like it would fit in the comp drive, I always thought about taking it out and putting it in the comp to see what would happen.

they dont have inputs as i have found out though :(, so it wouldnt do much good. im looking into some other things though, the idea seems really fun :) i might have to get a cheap Full ATX case though if i want to throw an amp in there\receiver, would be HEAVY but it would give me a work out. would add to the cost, but i have a great old receiver right now, although im borrowing it as its my dad's, since my mom "gave" me the speakers to it as they were really dirty and ugly. i basically "stole" them from my dad :p

just be careful, as the fm radio waves could interfere with the computer. especially if you use the case as an antenna.

well there is a difference between running a radio next to it and inside of it, I don't know if it would interfere, probaly not, but I do know that radio signals can interfere with electronics if they are strong enough.

heres the size difference.. i happen to have an extra unit sittin in my closet

100_0911.jpg

i doubt that'll work unless u can find a smaller one..

Well that's a pretty large head unit, looks like a 6 disc cd changer that you put in the back of the car. The universal size is the same as 5 1/4 If I am correct. If not, case modding time :)

thats not a 6 disc changer it is a single slot cd player. Usa must have smaller stereos than here in australia because i have never seen one that would fit in a drive bay here in australia.

yup thats a stock Honda Civic player i beleive... my cuzin gave it to me cuz he bought a nice alpine unit...

and yeah its just one CD player

Back
Top Bottom