A while back I input my info into Comcast database to see if cable internet was available in my area. Well it said it was and when I called in I found out it went of my Zip and my road isn't under service.

So today I get home and see a missed call from them. So I called them back hoping that maybe they were expanding there network. Sucks the guy didn't know what they were calling about since I don't have a account yet.

So while on the phone he suggested I put in for a survey team to come in and check out the area. So a survey team is comming within the next 7-10 days to evaluate my area and see if they will consider servicing it!

Right now i'm living on a prayer! Man I so hope they will consider running a few miles of cable. This would be the best Xmas present ever.

Sure would, but a couple miles of cable, for only 1 house? This is fiber we are talking about... Million dollars a mile, idk what it really costs, but thats what I heard. I really hope you can get it tho, I hated dial-up. Have you looked into sprint mobile broadband, or cingulars laptop connect? That can get decent download speeds and good upload speeds, ping is <200, but thats not saying a lot.
Good luck!!
I waited 1.5 years before I gave in to sprint broadbands, slightly slower speeds.

ummm....its not happening. were a couple hundered feet away and im not even going to bother asking. your a couple miles, thats a good chunk of change your asking. you would have to get 10+ people to sign up in your area before they would consider it.

Comcast doesn't use fiber optic, its cable internet, so it not that expensive, and I think its only about a grand a mile for fiber anyway. But, good luck anyway you will enjoy it if you get it. Going door to door isn't a bad idea either, how many houses are in your neighborhood?

Comcast doesn't use fiber optic, its cable internet, so it not that expensive, and I think its only about a grand a mile for fiber anyway. But, good luck anyway you will enjoy it if you get it. Going door to door isn't a bad idea either, how many houses are in your neighborhood?

but the cables they run to the main box (the one you connect to) has to be fiber, since so many people connect to it. the wires they run from there however, are not, but they have to run a single cable for every customer.

So is that why verizon fios isn't available for me, half a mile from a verizon plant, while my aunt, who lives in a mountian, probably 30 miles from a verizon plant has it? :rolleyes:

you live in new york dude, i challenge you to fine a place where you can dig into the ground to lay some fiber optics, she however lives in a "mountain" where there is dirt to dig into, so its easy to run fiber to there.

Back
Top Bottom