Laptop wireless card not working

toole13

In Runtime
So I got a laptop that has 512MB RAM and Vista Basic. Even with only Basic, it's very laggy. I took the Windows XP CD I had before and I overwrote Vista Basic, and of course it's much faster. The laptop I bought came with a wireless card built in, like most laptops. The problem is, when I overwrote Vista, it seems as though the driver for the wireless card disappeared. It doesn't show up when I turn on the computer. I'm on the computer right now, but the only way I'm on the internet is because I took the wireless adapter from my desktop and put it on here. Any way you know of to fix my problem so I can just use the laptop's built in wireless card?

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1501. The wireless card is the Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini Card (54Mbps).

well, go through the cds that came with your laptop and look for the driver install cds. also, if you lost it or something, go on the brand's website and see if you can download the drivers

oh and i think i know why your laptop was laggin. u can reinstall vista now and it wont lagg. i had a similar problem with a dell laptop i had.i wiped it and reinstalled vista and it ran flawlessly

oh and i think i know why your laptop was laggin. u can reinstall vista now and it wont lagg. i had a similar problem with a dell laptop i had.i wiped it and reinstalled vista and it ran flawlessly

This is because all new computers come with a ton of useles programs installed on them from the factory that run in the background all the time and cannot be used unless you pay to register them. A typical XP machine will be fairly slow out the box but a Vista machine with 512MB ram.....you can fuhgettaboutit (as they say in my family). Thats the first thing i do when i get a new box is turn it on to make sure it works and then zap it.

so you think that i should use my vista reinstall disk and reinstall it and it will work fine?

will this fix my problem?

i found the driver on dell but when i install it on my laptop it says No compatible hardware found. The software you are attempting to install is not supported on this system. The software will not be installed. Setup will now exit.

well i made a little mistake
i installed vista ultimate on the laptop (512 RAM, anyone) because i had it from my desktop and i mixed up the CDs but it works fine and faster that basic did. also, the wireless card works fine

Back
Top Bottom