my new build...well my first...

You can start a pc without it being in a case, if the m/board is lying on a non conductive surface (most commonly used is the box it came in) with the power connected you can actuall run it, by doing this during trouble shooting it removes any chance of there being an accidental short between the board and the case.

To start it you short between the two power switch pins on the m/board.

ishouldwait till the morning ..when i wake up to do that tho i think....im tired n i've donea lot of work ttoday...i will however get back to u on how it goes and thanks a lot for ur help man

s ihavee to disconnect the mobo from the case....damn

Not have to but that's what I would do, at the very least I'd check that I had the correct amount of risers in the right places.

Then remount the m/board. That's the base, from there you assemble the pc again, reseat and remount everything paying particular attention to every step to satisfy yourself you're not the problem, that only leaves components after that.

The fans should spin, however briefly if the board is attempting to post. If we can't even get this to happen after ensuring the assembly methodology is correct then the m/board becomes the prime target for the likely fault.

You've said it is your first build, are satisfied you have assembled it correctly as per the instruction manual??

ishouldwait till the morning ..when i wake up to do that tho i think....im tired n i've donea lot of work ttoday...i will however get back to u on how it goes and thanks a lot for ur help man
Good idea, I'll catch you later, just post up in here and I'll give you a hand if you need it when I see the post.

Happened to me the other day as well. It was a faulty Power Supply for me. The led's would blink and I tested the power supply to see if there was anything coming out and there was. The problem was there was no current and I needed a different Power supply to fix the problem and it worked 100% when I got the new one. Donno if this is your problem but it could be either not a good enough power supply or just simply a bad power supply. Donno if that is your problem but just throwing the possibility out there since I had similar issues just a couple days ago.

Take a screwdriver and use it to hotwire the pins, try them all and see if it turns on. If it doesn't there might be a problem with the CPU? Idk.

well I'm going to have to do this I guess...the power supply shouldn't be a problem I would suppose...I know it is big enough but it could however be something wrong with it....I just honestly m hating th fact that I have to reconnect everything hahaha butt I will do it when my dad gets home cuz he might be a little bit of help with this all.

Now locate the two pins that you would normally connect the power switch wires to and bridge them with a flat bladed screwdriver (anything metal will do but I prefer to use a screwdriver)

Do you have the case speaker plugged in? you'll need that to be able to hear any beep codes.

The fans should spin up and you should get a beep code for no ram, if you do all is good, it means the board is OK, power down (using the switch on the back of the psu) add in your ram (just one stick for now in the slot closest to the cpu), jump start it again, this time you should get beeps for no vga, if so all is good, power down as before and insert video card, connect monitor and we should be able to get into the bios.

Let us know what happens.

Back
Top Bottom