Sound Card: Are they Useless?

Another good reason to get a sound card is FPS, yes that's right, Frames Per Second, gaming fps will increase if you remove the sound load from the cpu.

EDIT: Removed reference to the spammer as he is "out of here" ... goooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnneee :D lmao

Lol, completely false. Realtek onboard sound is crap. The HD is a scam, that's like getting a filet mignon at McDonalds.

If you paid any more than $50 for your speakers, you NEED a sound card to get the best quality out of them.
thats kinda true but i have a really nice stereo (Pioneer) and a crappy Realtek ALC200 sound and it sounds alright, i never said its was bomb as hell, it ALRIGHT...
+my connections suck ass, it was just a bunch of old wires i spliced together that i found in my closet...

thats kinda true but i have a really nice stereo (Pioneer) and a crappy Realtek ALC200 sound and it sounds alright, i never said its was bomb as hell, it ALRIGHT...
+my connections suck ass, it was just a bunch of old wires i spliced together that i found in my closet...
So your "really nice" speakers are going to waste because you have a crappy sound card. And crappy cables.

Well now the next question would be since I am getting Z-5500's for christmas, Which sound card is best? I don't want to buy a $250 sound card but I wouldn't mind having better than onboard. I want to know which would make them sound best before hardly noticing a difference if I went a step higher. If you know what I mean.

Cheap Aiwa stereo and speakers (that sound good at high volume, decent bass as well).

I've only got onboard audio. As I said in another thread, when I got the money to burn, I'll buy a decent sound card and speakers.... just.. not right now. I'm content as is for now.

Exactly...I have the Logitech Z-5500s, a $300 speaker setup. Anyone who uses onboard sound with these is really missing out.
Yeah, my friend has the Z-5500's as well and is using onboard sound on his Asus mobo, realtek sound. He went to someone else's house who had Z-5500's and a soundcard and listened to them and then listened to his again, he thought he got a bum set of speakers!.....lol Thats the difference. It's not even a matter of being an audiophile or not, it's a matter of, do you want good sound or not? And with such good speakers, you're going to hear all the defects in the sound from the onboard soundcard.

Depends who you ask , I am not to good with sound quality I have a hard time telling the difference between the sound quality of a bose and sony.

So which is a good sound card. Anyone got an answer to my question from end of page 1?

Back
Top Bottom