Vista Question

Luigitendo

Baseband Member
Hey! I'm new here. I'm a teenager, still in school. My parents want to buy me a laptop for Christmas...I want a Dell computer.

Personally, I like the windows vista operating system from what I've seen at best buy...

I am basically just want a laptop *Coffee brown one* that I can do my school on. I do school with a DVD program.

I have heard that vista has a few problems...

All I need it for is...
1. Internet *I use it a lot, firefox mainly*
2. DVD viewing
3. some computer games *A flight simulator, but mostly 3D house building games*
4. music. I have itunes, and use it quite a bit

As you can see. I don't NEED all the fancy features, just a nice comp, for a reasonable price. WIndows vista comes on a pretty inexpensive laptop too...

My parents do so much for me, I don't want them to pay much...so.

Just wondering if there are any HUGE problems with Vista.

I really like it's feel, it seems a lot like a mac.

Anyways, please tell me what major problems there are. and if you think a vista OS would be good for my needs. Thanks

LT

i have a gamin laptop w/ vista, and for the stuff you want it for...go ahead....(i also have itunes with more than 1000 songs)

if u were more into games and such....id wait.....xept for DX10.....i love dx10

overall....vista looks nice...and runs ok....for me atleast

post wich dell laptop w/ specs when u can

SYSTEM COLOR Espresso Brown
PROCESSOR AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TK-55
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic Edition
DISPLAY Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)
VIDEO CARD ATI RADEON® Xpress1270 HyperMemory™
MEMORY 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MH
HARD DRIVE 80GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
INTERNAL OPTICAL DRIVE CD writer / DVD player (Combo Drive)
WIRELESS NETWORK CARDS Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini-Card
INTEGRATED WEBCAM No Webcam Option
BATTERY OPTIONS 56Whr Lithium Ion Battery (6 cell)
SOUND OPTIONS High Definition Audio 2.0

That's the stats for it. Once again, it's not the most expensive, but I do not have tons of needs for an expensive one.

Also...I do a bit of freelance storywriting, short stories ect...I assume MS word works well? Anyways, I got the chance to test some vistas at best buy recently...and I really like the whole feel and apperance.

Thanks SO much! It really helped me gain confidence! Stepping forward, and starting something new! ;)

I appreciate it a lot

LT

i hear you...i was a little shakey turning to vista at first...but its alright...

i do alot of writing too ...and office works perfectly....

but...if u want too save some $$$ download open office.....its a little wierd at first...but hey...its pretty much a free microsoft office

and for the specs....you should have no problem running vista....just stay away from high end games........stuff like battlefield 1942 will work though

THanks. I heard somewhere that it's a little slower than XP...is this true? Is it MUCH slower than XP? or just a little bit.

THanks. I heard somewhere that it's a little slower than XP...is this true? Is it MUCH slower than XP? or just a little bit.

Honestly, I've noticed no difference. If your running on 512MB of ram, yes it will be slower, but anything over a gig, i haven't noticed a difference.

im runnin 2 gigs and to be honest....i think its a little faster....then again....my old computer had 512 mb of ram and was a ......well..lets say it was a crappy computer made by a compony that makes crappy computers ( cough cough dell cough cough)

Great! Thanks so much...oh one more thing...lol

I have this house designing game *I intend to be an architect* and In it, I can model a house and design it in 3d ect...I have a windows XP desktop at home...from 2004 I believe. The game itself is from 2004...it should work with vista right?

Thanks again

i have battlefield 1942 runnin of vista....even the soilder of fourtune 2 demo, and those are like 2001 02 03 and 04 games.....so dont worry too much...

ive had one problem where an older game demo wouldent wotk w/ vista, but out of the 50 or so game demos or games i have over my vista expierance...thats the only one

you shuld be set......msg me when u get the laptop...i do wanna know how u like it and if u need futher help

Back
Top Bottom