windows xp pro..

Hvc801

Baseband Member
hey I'm about to buy windows xp pro and i was wondering if i would be able to install windows onto more than one computer with that one disc.. these are all my personal computer btw. thanks

Unless you're buying the corporate edition, you are only allowed to use that version on one computer.

...you are only allowed to use that version on one computer.

Wait, really? I thought you can use your personal copy of Windows on any of your PCs. So does that mean you need to re-buy the same product for another one of your computers? That's like not allowing you to play an audio cd in your car and only in your cd player.

you can usually get away with it. you just have to call up the actual people and they just say "have you ever installed this copy of windows on another computer" you can say tons of things here to get them to activate it. there from india and what not so they could care less rather or not its legit :p

although this IS agaisnt the TOS and EULA

Wait, really? I thought you can use your personal copy of Windows on any of your PCs. So does that mean you need to re-buy the same product for another one of your computers? That's like not allowing you to play an audio cd in your car and only in your cd player.

You can install the system on another computer using the same disc, but you need to purchase another license in order to use it.

thats kinda gay....

Maybe, but when you buy XP/Vista/games/AV's are anything else, you pay for the prodcut key, not the disk. That is the only way they get money.

If you want to use that disk on multiple comptuers, you can. BUT every one will need a different product key.

you can usually get away with it. you just have to call up the actual people and they just say "have you ever installed this copy of windows on another computer" you can say tons of things here to get them to activate it. there from india and what not so they could care less rather or not its legit :p

although this IS agaisnt the TOS and EULA

yep i agree, ill try that one out then lol. But does windows completely install or does it stop you at where you enter the product key? and how much is another product license? is it the same price?

Back
Top Bottom