Cold-air Intakes and water

:confused: how much difference exactly would there be in the temperature?? I wouldn't have thought it would be much more than a few degrees :rolleyes:

If the filter is wet, the most that goes through to the engine is vapor...if the heat along the way doesn't dry it up already (which most likely it will because it gets so hot under there). That's why some people even go all out to insulate the intake tubing. It's hardly anything to worry about though. But most CAI are behind the fenderwell and bumper.

On my car, I have two intake ducts. One is right behind the front grill and the other one is routed down to the passenger side fender. The one that's by the grill is neat because of the "ram air" effect. I remember the Lancer Ralliart had a similar setup. Very efficient.

:confused: how much difference exactly would there be in the temperature?? I wouldn't have thought it would be much more than a few degrees :rolleyes:

The temps are hardly noticeable. It's worse in the summer because of the hot temps from the street surface. It's picking up a lot of that dry heat from the road. Plus, it gets dirty fast. Cars have a stock cold air intake systems already in place. Just not as fancy of a piping as stock and the diameter are usually bigger. In cold days, I have to admit, helps. But once that motor gets hot, the intake usually gets hot with it saturating the air temp inside.

You'll hear a lot of sides to this. Some people swear by it while others are more skeptic. Perfomance gains are minimal (depends on what other mods you have to go with it), but like any mods, it does allow it to breathe better---even more if you can compensate for the MAF and ECU. Don't expect power if all you have is an intake mod, lol.

Back
Top Bottom