What Kind Of Sound System Do You Have?

Some of those cards look hardcore. Someone run me down on the advantages of those over integrated. i mean I have a fairly good integrated system but I have run into a couple problems with it occasionally, which were fixed by drivers. Will it free up a lot of CPU?

Right now I'm using SoundMAX integrated on my M2N going into JBL Creature II 2.1 speakers. They are really, really crisp but don't get LOUD or anything. If I wanted to do that, I could run a line out to my 50W tube powered MESA/Boogie with the 12" speaker, that can pretty much get loud enough to stir up whatever you had to eat earlier and completely annihilate your earbuds if you don't wear plugs.

im just running from integrated high def audio that is connected to a mini-system center unit. From that I have connected a couple panasonic mid range speakers with some tweeters, a couple of surround speakers and two 12" Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers. Seems to do the trick for me anyways.

I typically listen to heavy rock, metal, industrial, and a bit of alternative rock/easy listening.

EMU 1212M Soundcard on primary PC
Audiophile 2496 on secondary PC
M-Audio DX4 on primary PC
PC also runs into Stanton RM-100 board
Denon D9000 CD player
Yorkville YSM-1P Studio Monitors
Korg Entrancer

1212M_DAS-89cfc3334ba25fa4752fffb44944811c.jpg

audiophile_2496.jpg

dx4.jpg

stanton_mixers_rm100_2.jpg

Haha my JBL 12 inch sub blows your 50 watt thing away

Haha, just FYI 50 tube watts is enough to shake my light fixture down from the ceiling and quite possibly the floors above and below me. I really never have gone past about 30% on the volume knob, that was with my wearing earplugs and it being rather loud, organs shaking. :eek:
It feels funny.

Yeahhhh Chris.

You guys really should invest in studio monitors.

All of those logitech/creative/bundled speakers and sub packages sound systems are shit in comparison.

Im never going back ;D

i have an old sony reciver hooked up to my PC :). i only have 2 speakers on it as of now, but i swear these things are least 50 watts RMS, probably 100RMS. i have to volume at 3 and its VERY loud and shaking things off the desk.

if im listening to the radio with my computer off on it though, and i turn it on, i noticed that the load from my computer (watts) is so high it gets less loud because there on the same socket :eek:

Back
Top Bottom