1st Job Offer Woot!

No. Call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie, that's long for Mud, so I've been told.

My friend has worked at a Pacsun retail store for 3 years, and now he is the assistant manager making 17.75$ an hour :p

You would have to pay me treble that to work in a place like that, but good luck if you take it.

its not dangerous, you just have to be careful rather or not your working with idiots
It's nuclear power, which is actually quite safe and really clean contrary to what you hear on the news and stuff. It's a lot of different jobs from paperwork and administrative stuff, to working on the plant floor and in the field, to collecting data about systems and stuff. Mechanical engineering stuff.

Just to clear it up, a nuclear power plant isn't a bomb or anything. There is a possibility of a meltdown I guess but they are usually contained in a huge concrete thing around the reactors. That stuff is monitored like crazy too, so there's a really slim chance of anything happening. The whole time I've lived in the area, I haven't heard of any accidents there.

yep, nuclear power is essentially a steam engine connected to a giant generator. although the steam is created by splitting atoms under water.
10th grade chemistry - it's almost impossible for a nuclear plant to explode like in the movies. Of the few times it has happened, it's just because of carelessness on the worker's part.

very true, the plants themselves are safe, although the uranium is not.
There is no risk whatsoever as long as everyone does their job right. Read up on how a nuclear reactor works...

im pretty sure thats true in most of jobs, only one i can think of off the top of my head is being a miner.
congrats
can i call you homer?

lol thats funny :p

also nuclear plants help support our troops :D the depleted uranium is used in tank shells and other types of AP rounds.

My friend has worked at a Pacsun retail store for 3 years, and now he is the assistant manager making 17.75$ an hour :p

How old is your friend? I'm 19. And this is a big step up from minimum wage of around $5-something I've been making. Generally co-ops receive raises every successive work semester, so I will probably be making around that on my third rotation.

How old is your friend? I'm 19. And this is a big step up from minimum wage of around $5-something I've been making. Generally co-ops receive raises every successive work semester, so I will probably be making around that on my third rotation.

He's 18 ^_^

Congratulations D-Lew! Thats a pretty sweet job:D

Keep em' in line and make sure they don't destroy our state:p

2 months later...
nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg

Back
Top Bottom