Vista Ultimate Glitching on Install

toole13

In Runtime
I put Vista into my CD drive and rebooted my computer and pushed F1 because I think that is what you push to boot from CD. Well it worked, and I came to a Vista screen telling me to push Install Now. So I chose that and it told me to “Please Wait…”. Being polite, I did just that. It then asked me to type in the product code, which I did and pushed next. I was then asked to agree to license terms, which I did, and pushed next. It then asked me to choose what type of installation I wanted, Upgrade or Custom (clean). I couldn't choose Upgrade, and didn't want to, so I chose Custom. I had to politely wait again, and it came to an empty box with the title “Where Do You Want to Install Windows?”. The empty box was supposed to list any hard drives I have, but it was empty. There were options at the bottom labeled Refresh, Rescan, Load Driver, Delete, Extend, Format, and New. I could only choose Refresh, Rescan, and Load Driver, but not the others. At the very bottom was a warning message reading: No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation. So I clicked Load Driver and another warning message came up: To install the device driver needed to access your hard drive, insert the installation media containing the driver files, then click OK. Note: The installation media can be CD, DVD, or USB Flash Drive. On this window were three choices, Browse, OK, and Cancel. I chose Browse, and got a window with a list of areas. Each had a box with a +, I'm guessing meaning expandable. The list was:
+ Floppy Disk Drive
+ Local Disk
+ CD Drive LRMCFRE_EN_DVD
+ Boot
I clicked + Local Disk and it says: You need to format the disk in drive C before you can use it. The two choices are Format Disk and Cancel. I chose cancel and then went back to the window and chose + CD Drive . There was another menu with expandable files:
+ boot
+ efi
+ sources
+ support
+ upgrade
I chose cancel and went back to the original empty HD box and chose Rescan to see if it could find it again. I got this message: No device drivers were found. Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers, then click OK. That was the final straw, and I canceled the whole install and restarted the computer, this time not pushing F1. It loaded XP normally and now here I am emailing you, clearly with a hard drive. I don't know what the deal is. Do I have to get the latest driver of my hard drive?

Back
Top Bottom