Need a reliable wireless router

GreySteelFox

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I've been using a Westell 327w versalink wireless dsl modem. This thing is terrible. It drops connection randomly, drops the wireless connection daily, and I used it for ten minutes on Xbox live before it dropped the connection several times. I got fed up with it and switched back to my little black Westell modem that I've had for a few years.

Can someone recomend a good wireless router that I can use with my little black modem? I don't want you to name an expensive gaming router, certified by Bill Gates to be good. I just want a good router that doesn't lose connection on a regular basis, one that is a DSL modem, something recently made and reliable. I'm looking to be using this new modem with a wireless network adapter with the xbox 360, hardwired to the desktop, and the wireless laptop.

Do you want a Wireless G or Wireless N router?
Chances are, your going to be fine sticking with a Wireless G one because unless you have high end hardware, you won't get anything but the range out of a Wireless N router (which is 4x the range of Wireless G).

I always stick with Linksys, and this router has great reviews on Newegg, plus a $10 rebate..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124190

EDIT: Now how funny is that? Chris and I posted the same router! haha

Looks good, actually it looks perfect. I think my friend had that and he loved it. Thanks for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom