New build

Raffaz

Golden Master
Ive just ordered my parts for a new build, details below if your interested.:)

Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition" 2.40GHz (1066FSB)
Asus Maximus Formula SE Intel X38 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
2 x Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C5 1066MHz Dual Channel Kit
Seasonic M12 Modular 700W Silent ATX2.0 Power Supply
Antec P182 Super Midi Tower Case - No PSU (Gun Metal Black)
BFG GeForce 8600 GTS OC2 ThermoIntelligence 256MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)

Now to get to the interesting part.:) I mentioned a while back that once i got my new build sorted i would do a comparison of XP and Vista 32 and 64bit, to see what differences there were on a decent system. What im wanting from you guys and gals are things that you want me to compare between the OSes. So fire away.:)

I just wanted to say, thats a pretty beautiful build.. Enjoy it.

It should be interesting to see the comparisons done, although I can't think of anything I'd like to see compared at the moment.

I was the one asking that question!!

when did you order it? Cause they don't have the Asus maximus formula SE, I wanted it for christmas but IDk if my parents all ready ordered it.

I'll ask them, cause the SE is a good deal.

I ordered it tonight from OCUK, its getting delivered on thursday by courier. So what comparisons are ya after :)

I just wanna see the difference in overall performance. Gaming, and startup time basically.

I plan on getting something like this in the summer. I really need a faster computer.

nice build there mate and good to see you around.

id like to see a comparison done with transcoding a DVD in nero, the same DVD twice with the same applications running in the background,

a full scan on your anti virus ( assuming you have the same AV on both OS)

obviously id like to see a start up time difference,

and finally i think id like to see the way the 2 os's handle multi tasking so id like some RAM eating programs to test that although i cant think of n e off the top of my head.

you could try playing a game that you have with nothing running in the background on both OS's see what FPS you get then, transcode a DVD in nero and then play the game and see what kinda FPS u get in both OS then ??

n e ways im off to work let us know how u get on

Ive just ordered my parts for a new build, details below if your interested.:)

Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition" 2.40GHz (1066FSB)
Asus Maximus Formula SE Intel X38 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
2 x Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C5 1066MHz Dual Channel Kit
Seasonic M12 Modular 700W Silent ATX2.0 Power Supply
Antec P182 Super Midi Tower Case - No PSU (Gun Metal Black)
BFG GeForce 8600 GTS OC2 ThermoIntelligence 256MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)
One question, why an 8600??? 8800GT surely.

One question, why an 8600??? 8800GT surely.
Simple, im not a gamer (ive got the 360 for that) so the 8600 will be fine. I also had a budget to stick to, its an easy enough job to upgrade the GPU at a later date if i want to. :)

Back
Top Bottom