Alot of Laptop questions!

search google for "barebone laptop" i have found that ASUS has some, MSI and a few others, i personally havent built one of their own, ive just ripped my hp totally apart and rebuilt it since i was bored, its really not that hard, just everything is smaller than a pc... thats really the main thing

well for the gpu, wait for the 8800M GTX to be more availible

Don't think that would be a good choice for a custom notebook, unless it was underclocked. That thing needs to have a efficient cooling system in order to function properly.

Don't think that would be a good choice for a custom notebook, unless it was underclocked. That thing needs to have a efficient cooling system in order to function properly.

yes, that is VERY true, i would leave that up to a pro. to install a power card such as that and have them make sure its cooled properly

personally, i'd just find a barebone laptop on ebay (there are tons of alienware) then add the components to it...

personally, i'd just find a barebone laptop on ebay (there are tons of alienware) then add the components to it...

I just don't recommend building your own notebook. The potential to do harm is much higher then on a desktop. With a name brand manufacture, you have the comfort of knowing your system will most likely run without any problems. However, if you do encounter problems there's always a guarantee to back that system up.

Well, if you know how to build a desktop, then you can probably build a laptop. But, it's quite complicated, just buy a barebone laptop (A laptop with a mobo anda screen) and install your own ram, cpu, and hard drive. Have fun :)

search google for "barebone laptop" i have found that ASUS has some, MSI and a few others, i personally havent built one of their own, ive just ripped my hp totally apart and rebuilt it since i was bored, its really not that hard, just everything is smaller than a pc... thats really the main thing

yeah
when i saw the parts to the LCD screen
i started to second guess myself
so the barebones is a good idea
i wonder how many HDD you could cram in one?

Back
Top Bottom