Can you replace a hard drive circut board?

RAISETOWIN

Solid State Member
One of my Hard Drives is shorting out the entire motherboard. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the circut board on my hard drive.

My question is can the circut board be replaced without hurting the info stored on the disk? If so where do I find a replacement circut board?

Thanks
RAISE

Yes they can be replaced on most hard drives. First make sure you can remove the PCB by taking it off. Than if this works, find the EXACT same hard drive (Model numbers have to match)

im pretty sure you can, get lhuser's attetion over here, he is good at salvaging old stuff. although youll need some "l33t skills" to do it probably :p

im pretty sure you can, get lhuser's attetion over here, he is good at salvaging old stuff. although youll need some "l33t skills" to do it probably :p

It's fairly simple, helped a member of another forum do it.

ebay is your best friend for old hard drives ;)

It's fairly simple, helped a member of another forum do it.

ebay is your best friend for old hard drives ;)

yep, it is really simple, its just a matter of getting the right screw drivers and taking your time, generally all you have to do is take out the 6-10 screws, unplug the leads then reverse that with the new board, simple :)

My model number is ST380013A and the one selling on ebay is ST380013A-RK. What the hell is up with the RK?

Back
Top Bottom