Priviledged members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I am not moving for a change in avatar sizes because it just doesn't concern me right now, I must still say this. The foundation of all forums is the community of members who frequent them. The creator may build the forums in any way he or she chooses but in the end, without members you just have a pretty looking but desolate website. It is the creator's concern to listen to forum members' complaints and he shall address them appropriately to satisfy the majority if he would like to see his forums continue to flourish. Otherwise it will certainly be its demise.

I think maybe priviledged members should be able to upload bigger avatars maybe 100x100 and 30KB. Just an idea...thoughts? :)

personally i think having 2 different sized avatars over the forum would look terrible. Either all big or all smal but i think they look fine the way they are

Hi David. Hope you're doing ok. Seems like some of the natives are getting restless again.

As for the ones that are always wanting more and more let me say this. David is the owner/operator of the forum. Like me, he has a vision of how he wants things to look and run. He, like my friend Buzz, pays the hosting. That can put a dent in your wallet for sure. Good hosting is not cheap.

As for the titles and the avatars, with a few key strokes all that can be brought to a screeching halt. Sigs too. It seems to me, and I'd bet real money a few others, that some of you want more just to want more. Sigs and avatars and titles have nothing to do with how much you can help others having a problem with their computers. It doesn't signify how smart or helpful you are. It's just something you want so you get your ego stroked. Frack that garbage. You want to get your ego stroked? Try offering help that is sound and beneifical to some one desperatly in need. When it works and they come back to say thank you then that by God should be enough.

This is a computer forum with a lively social lounge. Not a daycare center.
Be happy you have a place to go that doesn't cost you one red cent. If operators charged you to be a member then that indeed would be a differnt story. But we don't. So sit down, shut up, and admire the view.

I'm done...
You make a few good points but really what would a forum be without it's members?

edit: I have a suggestion that might actually benefit the forum...delete the suggestions forum. Then you wouldn't have to waste your time turning down all these ideas, and could focus your time on doing something more productive like cleaning up the spam.

I have suggestion for you. Let's see you start up a successful forum, and pay for the hosting bills. Once you do that, then you can complain.

I have suggestion for you. Let's see you start up a successful forum, and pay for the hosting bills. Once you do that, then you can complain.

hmmm...I had a forum, and unlike this one it wasn't popular so that means no ad revenue and I did pay for hosting that wasn't compensated by making money from ads. But thats not what ths thread is about. If you want feel free to send a PM.

personally i think having 2 different sized avatars over the forum would look terrible. Either all big or all smal but i think they look fine the way they are

This is a good point I didn't think about that before.

I agree with the others that said that a forum is nothing without its members, without them there is nobody to discuss, or help others with problems.

Hi David. Hope you're doing ok. Seems like some of the natives are getting restless again.

As for the ones that are always wanting more and more let me say this. David is the owner/operator of the forum. Like me, he has a vision of how he wants things to look and run. He, like my friend Buzz, pays the hosting. That can put a dent in your wallet for sure. Good hosting is not cheap.

As for the titles and the avatars, with a few key strokes all that can be brought to a screeching halt. Sigs too. It seems to me, and I'd bet real money a few others, that some of you want more just to want more. Sigs and avatars and titles have nothing to do with how much you can help others having a problem with their computers. It doesn't signify how smart or helpful you are. It's just something you want so you get your ego stroked. Frack that garbage. You want to get your ego stroked? Try offering help that is sound and beneifical to some one desperatly in need. When it works and they come back to say thank you then that by God should be enough.

This is a computer forum with a lively social lounge. Not a daycare center.
Be happy you have a place to go that doesn't cost you one red cent. If operators charged you to be a member then that indeed would be a differnt story. But we don't. So sit down, shut up, and admire the view.

If David didn't register computerforums.org domain someone else would have and someone else would be admining this forum right now, so this forum isn't the end all and be all. Hell no I will not shut up and you don't have the right to go around telling members to shut up Mr. High and Mighty, and your the one complaining about this being a daycare center little bit immature for someone who speaks such wise words don't you think? If nobody wants to have things suggested obviously since you tell me to shut up, what is the point in ahving the suggestions forum? Like I said before remove it, that way less will be suggested then we won't have to deal with writing essay's and telling people to screw off because this is "not a daycare center", and people will just "be happy" that they "have a place to that doesn't cost you one red cent."

December 5th, 2007 03:19 AM hascet No, thanks I already did that.
Okay, let's see your successful forum then.

Instead of leaving comments like that in my profile, how about giving me another good reason?

^That won't ever happen. I'd really like to say close this since it isn't going anywhere, but I don't want to because I don't want to seem like a pussy and take the easy way out of a thread by closing it. I'd just like to ask any other people that have a problem to PM me so this thread can carry on topic fight your own battles 1 on 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom