Kane & Lynch

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
Ahh... Kane and Lynch. I'm sure everyone has already heard about this countless times by now but I'm going to mention it again anyway very simply:

A Gamespot editor reviewed Kane and Lynch. Kane and Lynch's publisher Eidos Interactive has an advertising contract with Gamespot. Soon after a Gamespot editor was fired and the video review was removed from the site.

Coincidence? I think not. Anyway, that's not enough bad publicity for Eidos so they have to take it a step further and falsify review scores from Game Informer and GameSpy on their website.

I decided to have a little fun and see what the Eidos community thought of the issue but obviously they are fanboys and I was quickly rejected at their forums. I was even banned. Yeah, I was banned permanently for stating my opinion and backing it up with facts. They even deleted the thread and edited some of my other posts to make me sound like an idiot.

You rock, Eidos! Excuse me while I go buy every one of your games.

I've been following the issue in much more depth too on my blog. If it's not okay to post links then I'll remove them, but:

http://thefunbucket.com/2007/12/02/gamespot-conspiracy/
http://thefunbucket.com/2007/12/04/eidos-lies-about-kane-lynch-scores/

wow....the idiots at Eidos are actually digging their own grave... Good one!

Who did they think they were fooling...seriously :rolleyes:

i see them going bankrupt in...umm... 4 months time :D

wow....the idiots at Eidos are actually digging their own grave... Good one!

Who did they think they were fooling...seriously :rolleyes:

i see them going bankrupt in...umm... 4 months time :D
Not with Tomb Raider by their side. I was thinking about buying Anniversary but no more.

That made an interesting read, and if its true, then wow...
Yeah... we'll just have to wait until there's official word to be 100% sure (if that ever happens). For now though it seems that the likelihood of it being just a coincidence is pretty low.

Yeah, a low score should make developers work harder.
If every game got a good score, developers wouldn't try.

There are some good devlopers out there though, but many probably aren't, and are just out for some cash.

Yeah, a low score should make developers work harder.
If every game got a good score, developers wouldn't try.

There are some good devlopers out there though, but many probably aren't, and are just out for some cash.
Well Eidos is the publisher not developer of Kane and Lynch. :)

So the game...isn't that good? I was thinking about getting it for my brother for Christmas.

So the game...isn't that good? I was thinking about getting it for my brother for Christmas.
Well it got mediocre reviews and I wouldn't recommending supporting a publisher that's willing to buy themselves good reviews when the reality is the game isn't all that great.

My supervisor at Geek Squad was just asking about this the other day..

He saw the old review up by Gamespot, and now the new review which honors the game as something amazing, lol.

I didn't know, but this is an interesting read!

My supervisor at Geek Squad was just asking about this the other day..

He saw the old review up by Gamespot, and now the new review which honors the game as something amazing, lol.

I didn't know, but this is an interesting read!
Uh...the review still says it got a 6.0...that's pretty bad.

Back
Top Bottom