About lcd native resolution

so do you guys think it's worth it to get a new lcd monitor now, or should I just get a cheap 17" crt (could probably get one for free) to use untill I get the money to upgrade my computer?

I guess my old monitor couldn't have blown up at a worse time. :D

Get the LCD.

First, because it is easier on your eyes, second, majority of your time on a PC is not gaming time.

uh i dont have an acer... :confused:

its just personal preference here, i'd rather have crisp display or crt, personally i really think its all what the individual wants, i was just offering my opinion... not all people can afford a $350 monitor i got mine free, thats the main reason i have it
The Acer was just a reference to a brand name that people think is sooo good, but the monitors are really relatively poor quality.

If people are buying larger monitors (20"+) they have the money to buy a decent quality one. If they're tight on cash, they'd be getting a 17" or 19".

I got an LCD, as it looked nicer, and does perform better in standard tasks, BUT for games, and also my 3D stuff, I wish I'd of gotten a CRT. That said, I don't think a CRT would fit on the desk my LCD now fits on.

If you can run the games at native res (and I could, up until Crysis at full settings), then they are great.

I do find that I see flicker even at 75hz on a CRT, but don't see flicker at the standard 60hz on an LCD because they are progressive, and not Interlace.

Back
Top Bottom