Im going to get a new graphics card....

kewlnick12

Baseband Member
So its christmas time and that means upgrade time.My current graphics card is a geforce FX 5500.I know its kinda crappy.Now I want to get a new one that supports pixel shader 3.0 or 4.0 and could play FEAR with all settings on medium and is around $200.Im heading more for gaming and detail.What do you guys suggest.Also I prefer nividia

the card in my spec is 139 USD and plays fear at everything max'ed.. but depends what manufacture do you prefer? I'm not gonna preach and be a fan boi lol... but if you are looking for nvidia the 8600 will do... but i personaly have used nvidia's all my life till this recent build and i say wth have i been doing this whole time lol..

I FORGOT TO ADD im guessing its AGP .. you can buy the same AGP version but 512mb for 150 to 170 USD i beleive..

It seems like you may have an AGP slot, and not the newer PCI-E slot, so you may be limited in the video cards you can buy...

What motherboard do you have though, to clear this up?

Just go with a Geforce 8800 gt for $300. it'll last you a long time and it's one of the best ones out there. But if you have an AGP slot then I can't really help you.

or u can all wait till February till the new p series comes out and there definatlety gon drop the prices on the 8800GT

The X1950 will probably be the best card to get for the AGP slot you have :)
It should run fairly new games, but its only a Direct X 9 card, and not a new DX10 card.

Back
Top Bottom