OC'n E6700

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
Okay I'm trying to OC my cpu to 3.25GHz, it's set but I get an error on Prime95 about 15 min into it. I highered the vcore through steps but still get an error. Right now I got the vcore to 1.4 something volts, butI still get that error. Right now I'm runnuing some mem tests to make sure oc'n my ram to 900MHz is causing the error on Prime95.

Any suggestions? Right now I got my fsb set to 1300, and almost to 1.4v. Could I still need more voltage on the vcore? I don't see it going up anymore since I got it up quite a bit. I'll find out soon if my ram oc is good or not.

My max temps for the cpu oc is 57c with it throttling at 100%

Any suggestions on getting this oc to pass the stress test?

NVM. I did some messing around and got it to 3.19GHz and ram to 1000MHz 100% stable with stock cpu hsf. I'm satisfied with it. Ran on Prime95 for a couple hours with no problems. I'll run it longer later, but it seems to be running great.

Wow nice triple post. You should be able to go alot higher on the actual CPU. Try turning your ram back to a 1:1 ratio. After you can't get the CPU any higher then start upping the ram.

PS when your all done overclocking and stress testing be sure to take a screenshot and get in the overclock database in my sig! Happy overclocking ;)

Wow nice triple post. You should be able to go alot higher on the actual CPU. Try turning your ram back to a 1:1 ratio. After you can't get the CPU any higher then start upping the ram.

PS when your all done overclocking and stress testing be sure to take a screenshot and get in the overclock database in my sig! Happy overclocking ;)

Ram ratio 1:1? what do you mean by that?

Back
Top Bottom