ok im looking at buying a desktop, and i want to know if this computer sounds good

yeah i orderd a dell one time and i did not like it, it ran a little slow but i think it was just the vista operating system, and the graphics card sucked it was one of those shared graphics cards , the only thing good that came from the dell computer was the monitor other than that i wasnt happy with the system, and thanks for the advise on witch computer to buy, and im going to be useing to=he computer for mostly gameing, but i dont play games that require alot to run them mostly RTS games like dawn of war and i might play other games like F.E.A.R , but i want something good anuff so where i wont have to upgrade it for a couple years

Dell = crap. Every dell I have ever seen is crap. Should I start my rant here? Well too bad because I will.

First dell!! I was about 10 years old. This was my first computer that was actually mine. It was an optiplex gx1 I think. P3 550mhz, 128 ram, 10gb. And this is way before I even knew what the heatsink was for. I remember asking my uncle what the metal thing was on the processor. Anyway. It had a XP reinstall on it. (xp pro) and I didn't have internet, had to go buy the software. My mom got it from her office for 20 dollars because of benifits. Then she got me a copy of norton or some other thing like that. OK so it ran really nice for me, being a 10 year old. Eventually I wanted internet so I got a wireless card, wireless router and my mom bought verizon dsl. It worked fine, untill for some reason... the hard drive fails. I get a new hd. So i reinstall the copy that mom got from work, it works fine. Put the key in, call microsift but I lost antivirus so i downloaded some dell software pack. I used it for aim and gunbound. Eventually it had like 20 viruses, and i remember hating the computer and hitting it like a dumbass and praying for it to work. I got my uncle to reinstall xp and he used a key from internet and it didnt work. so i still hated the computer. Half the time it wouldnt turn on and it would always overheat and just shut off. Then my sis boght a dell dimension 2400 or something. 256 ram, celeron 1.8, 60gb. this sh*t was so slow, and from the start it never worked with internet, and TO THIS DAY I STILL DO NOT KNOW WHY IT WILL NOT WORK WITH THE INTERNET. Well I upgraded it to 1gb and a p4 2.4ghz, it is still amazingly slow for some reason. NOT TO MENTION it has mcafee installed on it... eek. even with the upgrades it still lags like a... while playing THE SIMS 2 wtf... sims 2 is like 1.2ghz 128 mb ram MINIMUM. Ok and also... my uncle just bought a dell optiplex..... its a piece. PD 2.8GHz, 1gb ram, and it has a 7200le?? what the hell... is a 7200 le?? never heard of it eh? its some unknown graphics card. OK well the antivirus TRIAL just ended. the thing is already loaded with viruses not to mention it runs VISTA///////// my friend got a dell xps top of the line! q6600, 2gb pc4200?/// why 4200? why not 6700? the cheap bastardS!!!!1 gpu was a 8400gs. and it had XP ok that;s the only smart thing they did, install xp! ok well i went to check it out... it's off so first thing i see is his beautiful 19 inch widescreen. thing is sex. so he turns it on... 4 minutes later... its logged in! first thing i notice is the native resolution... it's so blurry. it was set to 1024x768 stock? with a widescreen? did dell even think to set that? my friend was like wtf can you fix the blurr? so i fixed that... ok so time to test this q6600 on CSS!!! so i go into css... and set all the settings maxed out! so i go into a server... it's amasing. but then no sound. so i go to turn on the built in speakers on the monitor... and the speakers fall off the monitor! my friend is like oh SH*T you broke it... just leave it so my mom doesnt see. Well i fidle with the speaker and fix it. then i turn the volume up a notch... still cant hear anything. so i have to go and fix sound drivers??? then i turn the speakers all the way up. I get this tiny ass sound!! thesse speakers were like 20 pounds and so quiet! MAX VOLUME sounds like my cellphone speaker!! WTF!

ok that's my rant on dell. Hope you enjoyed it. Now my fingers hurt so i'm going to eat fried turkey cutlets for dinner.

could a person overclock the processer by them selves with out wrecking it?

Sure, people do it all the time; but make sure you know what you're doing or else you can destroy you're CPU. You can't overclock Dell computers though, they lock it in the BIOS. :mad:

Why does dell do that? Don't they realize that the people who would screw it up don't even know how to access the BIOS, besides it detracts people who would normally buy an expensive computer from purchasing from them.

Back
Top Bottom