New codemasters game using Neon

I guess it's from my days of GT4. I've loved that series since the first one came out.

Yeah,Gran turismo was an awesome series,So very long lol. Kage is right about the xbox and ps graphics,there isnt much of a difference at the moment,but i was still suprised (I mean,They are identical,one of them should have been a little worse off :D).

as a previous Toca 3 fan I was waiting for this but unfortunately the V8 series is gone and the DTM's are gone and no British Touring cars. It has turned into an arcade game. I am a member of the codemasters forum and one their marketing people addressed the forum and basically said it is not being marketed as a sim game. I will stick with Rfactor..best racing sim ever. I am just not into arcade racing anymore.

Basically it is being marketed for America/Japan/Europe. One of the codemasters posts on the forum........................................

"Ok, then I've finally been cleared to drop this one out there.

No V8.

And no DTM, either.

Various reason for this, most of which I can't go into for reasons of commercial sensitivity.

We do still hold licenses for those championships, and we do still have ideas for what we want to do with them, but not as part of Grid - what those ideas are, I can't say, and nothing has been greenlit or confirmed at all, but we do know that these are popular series, and no decision relating to them has been taken lightly.

So far, the PR activity has played up the new "street" aspects over the trad aspects as we need to reach out to a new market- but to reiterate, that's not all there is. We do have a very prestigous, real-world championship signed up that I'm bursting to tell you about, but can't.

But we do need to reach out to new people- Costs of next-genaration development at this stage demand that. Like it or not, we do need to sell games in the US to survive, and while Race Driver historically did better than Colin McRae in that regard, it's still not good enough.

So, if the lack of those two championships is a total deal-breaker, then fair enough, GRID probably isn't for you, and it's probably best if you stop following it and weighing it down with expectations of a straight sequel to RD3 which it's not going to be. No hard feelings from this side, I know it's a disappointing thing to hear if you're a fan of a series when it takes a turn you may not be happy with, but the ultimate result may actually be better for everybody."

I think with the added graphics sparkle (to be honest, good graphics are needed for a racing game nowadays) and what they have planned in the way of events, etc, it could be what ProStreet could never be, and end up more exciting as a result.
I'm going to keep watch on it!

as a previous Toca 3 fan I was waiting for this but unfortunately the V8 series is gone and the DTM's are gone and no British Touring cars. It has turned into an arcade game. I am a member of the codemasters forum and one their marketing people addressed the forum and basically said it is not being marketed as a sim game. I will stick with Rfactor..best racing sim ever. I am just not into arcade racing anymore.
I sure hope that there is going to be another ToCA branded game. I play ToCA 3 often and I think it's an awesome sim game and I would like to see a newer version that is even better than before.

I don't really care much for the games where you customize your car and pimp it up and all, I'm all about the racing. Although I do own, and have played extensively, Gran Turismo 3 A-spec and Gran Turismo 4.

Back
Top Bottom